Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making of the "Gizmo" punchneedle...

Thank you for your interest in how the "Memory Keepsake of Gizmo" was made.
1. A sketch was first made from the photograph.
2. I then traced that design onto weavers cloth with permanent marker.

3. In this photo you are looking the head already punched from the backside. I always referred back to the original photo for shading. The shading is the key.


4. After the body was punched with Medicis Wool, the background was punched with Valdani thread.
5. The punchneedle was approximately 5"x7", so the shadowbox frame was chosen based on what else was going along with it inside the frame.

6. In loving memory of Gizmo.

1 comment:

  1. Aw.... I love it. What a precious memory to have. I just heard about the medicis wool. Where do you get it and I think I would love to try some. Especially for my sheep.
    I love Gizmos memory box. It is awesome.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and I will be back to yours often.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete